It never feels like the right time to post a new entry. I always want to get a bit more done before I talk about my progress. But it’s been far too long, so let’s do this.
First of all, hi, yes, I’m still working on this project. Over the past few months, there were times when progress was slow. But I’ve been tink tink tinking away with my tiny hammer whenever I can, sculpting this mountain into a monolith with as much speed as I can manage.
It hasn’t all been steady chipping, though. I’ve found ways to collapse the scope of the game, such that at this point, the bulk of my to-do list is recording, production, and sound design. Compared with what I was envisioning back in March, entire continents of work have been sheared off and cast into the ocean. I figured out what’s necessary to tell the story I have in mind, and I got rid of the rest.
Speaking of the story, I finished the script earlier this month. 64 pages; 11,326 words. Sabrina and Michelle are going to go over it with me (and record their parts) in a couple weeks, and then we’re aiming to record everything else later in August. After that, I’ll need to produce the audio, hopefully before returning to grad school at the end of the month.
In the meantime, I’ve been pulling together the system that handles progression through the game. It’s mostly done, but I’ll continue perfecting it before I entomb myself in the studio.
Here are a few screenshots:
If you’ve seen anything about this project in the past, I’m sure much about these images is familiar to you. The game is mostly writing and audio, and the environment has been somewhat stable for a while now. Still, I think it’s pretty.
That’s it for now. Thanks for reading.